Slow food meets fast food on our trek home after a tasty CSA pick up – Noah just couldn’t help himself with the crispity crunchity pickles. They are that good…
Raise your hand if you love fresh green beans?
In case you can’t see me, I am not raising my hand.
I know, I know – how un-southern of me.
And in case you can’t see him, Chris has both hands up. And he’s standing in his chair.
Not really about the chair, but that’s quite the visual, huh?
Noah is still on the fence – he could take them or leave them, mostly leave them.
But alas, I will not be defeated by the bean:
Lemony Cheesy Creamy Beanies (feeds 4)
4 cups of fresh beans – snapped & steamed until tender, but not noodley
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp grated lemon zest (believe me, this is plenty – if you like lemon, crank it up)
pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat over to 350. Snap, chop, & shred all ingredients.
2. Cook onion in butter until tender.
3. Mix together sour cream, flour, lemon peel, & pepper. Throw in the beans & cooked onion. Mix it up evenly.
4. Plop mixture in a baking dish & top with cheese. Melt butter & mix with bread crumbs – spread over the cheese.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes. Voila!
I actually enjoyed this combination & would make it again (go ahead mother, rejoice) – it was the first time in 27 years I haven’t had to swig milk in my mouth and hold my nose to choke down each bite. What a big girl I am…